Wednesday 28 July 2010

Blogging in America


It's hard work. It's going to take me longer to write about this holiday than it is to live it - we've been here for four and a half weeks and I've only managed to blog about the first two days. I think from now all I will be abandoning all attempts at chronology (Tony is doing that on his website - see this link)
http://tonyswash.com/Tony/

The hurdles in the way of putting a relevant photo with text are way too high - take photo, download to the computer, add label and wait for Tony to do something technical which will make it easy for me to import it to my blog page and for yous lot to actually see it. He keeps offering to teach me to do the technical bit by myself, but as we are already jostling for keyboard time on the laptop, the threat keeps going away, so from now on photo may or may not have anything to do with the content of the entry.

The gods of communication have not been working in harmony - who knew there were so many things that had synchronise? Wifi, ambient lighting (as in I need something more than a 40 watt bulb), something to lean on, available computer time when brain still functioning...

Also I swear I have designed and changed and SAVED!!! the settings about four times on this blog thing, and it just keeps defaulting to to its basic ugly stuff. I will get to grips with this when I get home and have access to computer set-up which is not going to ruin what is left of my eyesight, posture and good humour.

I'm going to put a photo in now. It will no doubt appear at the top of the page, even though I would like it to be here, at the bottom....



No comments:

Post a Comment