Monday 2 August 2010

Crocs in Colorado


Crocs are a form of footwear that no self-respecting adult over the age of, say, 30 should be seen wearing. Why would anyone choose to walk around with two lumps of primary-coloured plastic, shaped to fit a flat-footed elephant, stuck to their feet? How could a person of even average intelligence fall for such an obvious money-spinning con?


I was visiting Maggie and bemoaning the loss of my much-loved Nike sandals that they don't make any more, and she said 'Would you like some Crocs? I have some that are too big for me, they might fit you.' 


'Phtooey-crumph' I replied, aiming for polite non-committal, missing by a mile and hitting disdain and distaste.


'They are khaki green', she said, "not tangerine or petunia. And they are not made of plastic'. 


"No, I don't think so, really, thanks very much anyway, but....'


Why don't you just try them on' she said, more than once. So eventually, just to shut her up, I did.


People, they are lovely. It's like walking on two bits of sponge. Soft, but firm. Lots of room for toe spreading. Not the least bit sweaty. Easy to slip on an off. Cope well with many different surfaces, including stony paths...


I don't care what people like me think about them any more.


The only drawback so far is they don't cope too well with rain - at least not the torrential, thunderous, sheeting downpours that we have been having daily for the past three weeks. That makes them go a wee bit slippy/slidey. 











2 comments:

  1. god, I am glad you are blogging.
    what would I giggle about otherwise, instead of working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. even if I do have to write words like
    ractedne
    in a box

    ReplyDelete